Good Evening Friends! How goes this short week?
OVER! Woo hoo!
I left you with a cliff hanger which means that I owe you a recipe. I actually have a few as this post was sponsored by the letter Zee for Zucchini! I had 3 zucchini’s hanging in the fridge and now that my oven is fixed, it was time to bake up a quick bread. I stuck with the cookbook theme of Monday and whipped up this simple bread from Better Homes.
It was super easy and low fuss! Since it makes two loaves, I made one plain one and one with dark chocolate chunks. Dark chocolate makes everything better : )
Even after two loaves of bread, I had some leftover shredded zucchini that I thought would be perfect to add to one of my favorite breakfasts, the quinoa cake. I kept mine pretty plain and unsweetened, but you could definitely sweeten it up for a more decadent breakfast.
The only thing I was missing that I wanted to add was walnuts. Then it would be a zuchhini bread bake : ) Zucchini also made an appearance in my most recent smoothie from the Detoxinista book!
It’s got cashews, banana, zucchini, cinnamon, and flax…filling and fantastic!
Other Recipes Sponsored by Zee(cchini)
Zucchini Pineapple Bread *Blogger FAVE!
What is your favorite Zucchini recipe? Link ‘em up!
From Better Homes Baking
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups finely shredded, unpeeled zucchini
1 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chopped walnuts (or dark chocolate chunks)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of 2 loaf pans; set aside. In a large bowl stir together flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine egg, sugar, shredded zucchini, oil, and vanilla. Add zucchini mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in nuts. Spoon batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
Zucchini Breakfast Quinoa
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 tbsp flax (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon (more to taste)
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- Optional: sugar, stevia, banana, maple syrup, or your favorite sweetener!
Combine all ingredients in microwave safe bowl, sprayed with cooking spray. Stir to combine. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Let cool slightly. Remove from bowl and top with nut butter, fruit, or maple syrup.