It’s going to be a crazy week, I think!
We are recovering from sinus infections AND post wedding fun! Sunday was nice and calm…perhaps the calm before the storm. This is my last week at my job, so I anticipate some emotion. Plus, I am prepping for my new job and had to go into the city for an all day class on Monday (my usual day off). Ugh! So I dragged myself to the grocery store on Sunday, which was a mess because I wore my Px sunglasses and forgot my regular glasses and then spent my time alternating between being the girl indoors with sunglasses and not being able to see so good. And then I got charged for 122 lemons : ) All ended well and I came home with some options for food this week although I am way more unorganized than usual.
Oh I’m sorry Cooper…am I boring you?! I guess he’s tired too…LOL!
In between napping and folding laundry, I whipped up a few batches of energy balls on Sunday. I went totally lazy and busted out the food processor even though that’s not how the recipes were written.
Interestingly, this recipe used almond milk to pull everything together. I’ve never used that before in a raw no bake recipe, but I liked it so much that I did it again with recipe number 2!
The texture of these bites was spot on (if I do say so myself) and even the BOY was raving about their flavor.
This recipe didn’t make as many as I thought we would both need to survive the week, so I found another recipe, similar but different, cleaned out my food processor and stated adding in the healthy stuff.
It worked out well that I had the perfect Dutch chocolate powder to use from The Spice House!
Like the recipe before, I blended with my food processor (instead of my hands) and because everything looked a bit dry, I even added in some almond milk.
Another tasty treat complete and we were all set for the week. Even if we don’t have meals planned out, we won’t starve!
Mmm! Love having homemade snacks to eat! I’m sure I will be living on these all summer long!
What is your favorite snack bite recipe?
Protein Peanut Butter Energy Bites
From The Healthy Maven (but modified a bit)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup vanilla whey protein powder (about 2 scoops)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 T chia seeds
- 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 3 T natural honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-4 T liquid (almond milk)
- Add oats, protein powder, cinnamon and chia seeds to food processor and pulse to combine.
- Add in peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract. Combine again in processor. Mixture should be slightly sticky but still crumbly.
- Slowly add in liquid 1 tablespoon at a time (I did this while processing). Combine until it comes together in a sticky ball that holds together. If mixture is too dry, add in more liquid but not so much that it won’t hold shape.
- Roll into balls using hands.
- Place in a container to set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Store in fridge until ready to eat.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites
From Chef Savvy
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chocolate protein powder (I only had vanilla so that’s what I used)
- 2 tablespoons water (or almond milk)
- Combine all of the ingredients in food processor. Mix to combine. If mixture looks too try add a bit more water (or almond milk).
- Place in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes so they are easier to roll.
- Roll into 8 bites and store in the fridge for up to a week.