What’s worse than a sunshine problem…clearly a chocolate problem! Ha ha!
I mean…it’s much better than focusing on any real life problems. Right?!
I am a huge fan of mouse and have made a few different recipes. You may remember that I tried once to do it with coconut milk and it was a major fail. I put that behind me and decided to try again last weekend when we hosted friends for Sunday night dinner.
This recipe was simple enough but I bought some amazing store-made fudge as a back up.
The fudge was appreciated and enjoyed but certainly not necessary sine this mousse/pudding turned out delicious!
The BOY and our guests enjoyed it, even with the missing dairy.
And I LOVED every chocolately bite!
Other Life Updates…
-To combat my chocolate problem and in appreciation of the sunshine problem, I have exploring new routes in my running shoes lately, which feels amazing!
-We celebrated the BOY’s birthday this past weekend starting Friday night with dinner at home and the Indiana game. I made Chrissy Teigen’s meatloaf and I highly recommend it!
-Last night we went to Bavette’s for dinner, and I highly recommend that as well!
-I have been trying a bunch of yoga studios and classes trying to find the right fit…I’ll keep you posted!
-My crockpot has been super busy as always. This week I went to the archives to make Crockpot Chicken Caccitore.
-We are super excited to host Thanksgiving again this year…can’t believe it’s less than 2 weeks away!
Dark Chocolate Coconut Pudding
From Stupid Easy Paleo
- 2 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 100 g of 85% to 90% dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces (I used Godiva)
- 1 tbsp high-quality gelatin
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Heat the coconut milk on medium-low in a heavy-bottomed pot. You want to warm it enough to dissolve the gelatin but not boil. Add the chocolate and whisk constantly until it melts.
- Once the chocolate has melted, whisk in the gelatin by slowly pouring as you whisk. If you just dump the whole tablespoon in, it’ll get clumpy.
- Turn off the heat and whisk in the vanilla extract.
- Pour into your desired glasses or cups and chill for at least 2 hours or until set.