OMG! I found the most amazing cashew butter at the store on Monday. I was actually looking for almond butter (my jar was almost empty) but there weren’t many options and they were CRAZY expensive. I decided this would do…
I, of course, tried it immediately when I got home. Just to check that it was worth the money. Now, I don’t even have to tell you how delish this is alone on a spoon but even better smothered over a dark chocolate square…Mmm!
Wednesday morning, I went to another incredible yoga class. It’s been a good week for those! I will have an entire phone of post yoga glow selfies before this week is over. On a whim, the BOY and I ditched meal planning and ate Wednesday night dinner cuddled in a booth at Coopers Hawk.
We had an incredible dinner and a macadamia nut truffle for dessert…
Thursday mornings breakfast looked a lot like this…espresso + whipped cream + cinnamon = a new FAVORITE!!!
And of course, I devoured a Pancake a la Jen. This one includes 1 banana, 1 egg, egg whites, 2 tbsp flax, and cinnamon.
Needless to say, I made it to Friday with another delicious espresso bevvie this morning : ) I brought an oldie back for breakfast. The occasion…an almost empty jar of almond butter, of course!
And although it’s a bit late, here is this week’s latest recipe. I discover recipes in all different places, but this one came via Instagram. Kind of random, but I am adding to my following of friends and yoga gurus some foodies. Hence this Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken recipe from The Cookie Rookie.
I added in a big bag of frozen broccoli because it’s one of my fave veggies in stir fry and I thought it needed some greens. This recipe was easy and tasty and reheated perfectly for lunch this week.
What were your favorite eats this week?
Who do you follow on Instagram?
Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken
From The Cookie Rookie
- 2 lbs. bonesless skinless chicken tenders, sliced into small strips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 bag frozen broccoli
- 1 cup cashews
- Heat oil on medium high heat in a large skillet. Add chicken and cook each side for 2 minutes until browned.
- Place chicken in the slow cooker and top with soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes.
- Stir to combine and add in broccoli.
- Cook for 2 hours on high or 4 hours on low.
- 30 minutes before done, stir in cashews.
- Enjoy topped over rice or quinoa!