You know how I love me some crockpot recipes for Tuesday night dinner. This week we went with an Indian recipe!
Even though I’m fairly new to liking cauliflower, it seems to be popping up in a bunch of my recipes.
Although I didn’t follow this recipe to a T (I mean, do I ever?), it turned out really flavorful and fantastic!
I made this dish on Monday knowing that we could have it Tuesday for dinner and then leftovers for lunch throughout the week.
We both LOVED it! You’ll note in my picture a lack of chicken. I noticed that too Tuesday night when I got home and went to heat up dinner. Apparently, the BOY picked out most of it.
So my recommendation would be to increase your chicken to 2 lbs! Below is the recipe as written but I’ll tell you that I didn’t do anything with the extra spices and yogurt. I just mixed curry powder into my yogurt and stirred it in.
Mmmm! Give this one a go and let me know what you think!
What new food have you started to like?
Slow Cooker Indian Butter Chicken with Cauliflower
From The Lemon Bowl
- 1 pound chicken breasts – cubed
- 1 head cauliflower – cut in florets
- 15 ounce can coconut milk – light
- 1 cup whole milk plain yogurt
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil – melted
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger root
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 5 green cardamom pods
- 1 cup green peas – fresh or frozen
- Place cubed chicken and cauliflower florets in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together next 12 ingredients (coconut milk through cayenne.)
- Lastly, using a mortar and pestle or a spice grinder, crush together the cumin seeds, fenugreek and cardamom pods. Add to the yogurt mixture and whisk to combine. Note: I didn’t do this!
- Pour spiced yogurt mixture into the slow cooker and stir until chicken and cauliflower is evenly coated.
- Heat on Low for 8 hours or High for 4 hours.
- Five minutes before you’re ready to serve, stir in green peas.