But don’t’ be mad at me!
Although I am sharing a recipe, it is neither hearty nor healthy but instead a sinfully delicious dessert! I probably should have stared with a confession…I LOVE cake batter and could binge on it all day long! Okay, maybe not super surprising based on the amount of cake mix recipes this blog has on it, but still not easy to
say type out loud.
Life for the BOY, Cooper, and I continues to be super busy and super amazing!!!
Cooper love all the city has to offer, especially the food.
Here he is attempting to hone in on our biscuits from Bang Bang!
The BOY is also adjusting well to city life. Last weekend, we celebrating his birthday with dinner at Bavette’s followed by cocktails at Band of Bohemia.
This past week, the weather was incredible and I took full advantage by biking to work on Thursday.
It takes a lot of planning, but is totally worth it! I am thankful to have a job where you can show up and work in your ‘active ware’ straight off your bike. This Thursday, we did a work potluck. Although I signed up for an ap, I was craving something sweet and happy.
Wednesday night, I walked over to Mariano’s and came back with the ingredients to make one of the many Cake Batter Dips on my Pinterest board.
First I threw a batch of 2 Ingredient Muffins (with chocolate cake mix) into the oven and then pulled out my handheld mixer for work on the dip.
If I told you this dip was good, you probably wouldn’t be surprised but downright bingeable, you might accuse me of exaggerations…
But trust me, the BOY, and my coworkers when I tell you that this recipe is nothing shy of divine!
I served it with graham sticks which were the perfect vehicle and compliment to this sweet dip!
This dip is great to make the night before and travels well (even in a backpack on a bike).
After work on Thursday, I met up with the BOY and my SIL for date night at Big Star. We had the BEST night eating dinner outside appreciating the 70 degree evening (and the pitcher of margaritas)!
Overall, it was a day of delcioiusness!
Cake Batter Dip
From Fresh April Flours
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- Half of a box of Funfetti Cake Mix (approximately 1 ½ cups dry)
- 6 Tablespoons milk (any milk is fine…I happened to have whole in the house)
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup sprinkles plus more for decorating
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add half of the Funfetti mix. Add half of the milk and and mix until combined. Add remaining Funfetti mix and milk and increase mixer to medium speed to blend.
- Again, reduce mixer speed to low and add the powdered sugar. Increase mixer to medium speed and blend until completely combined.
- Stir in sprinkles with a spatula. Serve with pretzels, graham crackers, cookies, or your favorite crunchy treat. Cake batter dip will stay fresh in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.