Meant to have this post to you last night, but after two non stop days, I crashed Sunday night with a mild tension headache. Would have much rather been watching basketball and blogging, but had to get ready for the day ahead (I worked today!) which included a 6am yoga class and then I taught a 90 minute spring break yoga workshop for kids.
Had a super busy weekend. Spent Saturday running from here to there putting on a good 100 miles on my car, but all totally worth it for a facial, refreshing new haircut, lunch with my P’s, and dinner with two of my favorite girls!
Sunday morning, I was up before my alarm and the BOY made us a tasty Easter breakfast. I met my mom for a hot yoga class (realizing that short hair means creative yoga hair). The class was inspiring, one of my favorite teachers talked about shedding our winter self, the past, and pieces no longer needed and opening to the beautiful opportunities ahead. It was also REALLY tough and REALLY hot! Hence our pink, pink cheeks!
Afterwards, we definitely deserved a Starbucks, so we scooped up the BOY and made our way to the new store by our house. I had a free drink which meant a ginormous drink…Mmm! Afterwards the 3 of us did our weekly grocery store run. My mom dropped us off at home where we made lunch and spent the afternoon cleaning and getting organized.
For me, this meant a weeknight dinner in the crockpot and busting out the rice cooker. I planned to also do another crockpot recipe but didn’t get my timing right before we had to run out the door for dinner with the BOY’s family. Instead, I put all the ingredients into a ziploc and figured one of us could get it into the crockpot when we get home this week.
Which is exactly what we did today! The pictures aren’t anything glamorous, but the recipe is so amazing that it is worth sharing! I didn’t eat a huge dinner because I had BIG DQ blizzard instead…more to come about that…but the BOY dug right in and said that it might be the best peanut chicken I’ve made!
Everything this week is turning up yoga…This morning, I did a 6am class before work and then taught an enthusiastic group of kids a spring break workshop. And later this week, I am attending a yoga event in the city!
How was your Easter?
Whatcha eating this week?
Meal Planning 3/28/16
Monday: Slow Cooker Thai Chicken with Peanut Sauce
Tuesday: Buffalo Chicken Bowls
Wednesday: Tilapia and Veggies
Thursday: Dinner in the City (for me!)
Slow Cooker Thai Chicken with Peanut Sauce
From Five Heart Home
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 3/4 cup chunky natural peanut butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more or less, to taste)
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts, for garnish
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Rice, rice noodles, or lettuce leaves, for serving
- Arrange chicken breasts in the bottom of a large slow cooker. In a medium bowl, stir together coconut milk, peanut butter, garlic, honey, soy sauce, lime juice, rice wine vinegar, and red pepper flakes; mix until (mostly) smooth. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or HIGH for 3 to 4 hours (or until chicken is tender but not overcooked, depending on the strength of your slow cooker). Reduce slow cooker temperature to WARM. Remove chicken from slow cooker, cut into chunks, and shred. Return shredded chicken to slow cooker to allow it to absorb sauce and heat through.
- Serve chicken and sauce over cooked white or brown rice, cooked rice noodles, or stuffed inside large lettuce leaves, as wraps. Garnish with chopped peanuts, fresh cilantro, and additional red pepper flakes, if desired.
NOTE: You can mix chicken and sauce ahead of time in a bag to place in your crockpot at a later time.