So…since I got that confession out of the way, I can dive right into this recipe!
A dessert recipe on Monday…what a treat!
Along with my weekly meal plan, I was in the mood to do a bit of baking today. However, I had a super busy day of car maintenance (no my sideview mirror is still not attached) and phone calls (still finishing off that name change). After an incredible 5 mile run along the path this morning, of course!
I did an afternoon run to the grocery store and returned home to get ready for the week ahead. I feel like I need a new hashtag…meal planning Monday! And as my Insta friends saw…this week included a glass of spring inspired white wine.
So back to the cheating part, I wanted to make these amazing brownies, but I didn’t have the time to make the brownies from scratch, so I just bought a box of rich and delicious brownies.
I followed the instructions on the box and with the brownie batter done (and sampled), I got to work on the peanut butter cookies.
There was way more peanut butter dough than I expected, so I tried to use as much as possible knowing that I would devour anything left over. Which is exactly what I did!
Sadly, my oven seems to be a bit sluggish, so I had to bake the brownies longer than written. I am hoping the middle is set, but if not, I do still love some gooey, under cooked, brownie dough!
This brownie is a guilty pleasure, which I devoured while catching up on my other guilty pleasure, Scandal.
The BOY is working late tonight, and I’m confident that he will be thrilled to return home to one of his favorite (and truly everybody’s favorite) combos…chocolate and peanut butter!
I probably don’t even need to tell him that I cheated…right?! Shh…you won’t tell!
What is your favorite box mix recipe?
Meal Planning 3/21/16
Monday: Island Pork Tenderloin
Tuesday: Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Wednesday: Turkey Tacos
Friday: Out to Eat
Peanut Butter Cookie Brownies
FOR THE BROWNIES (if you don’t want to use a box)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
FOR THE COOKIE
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9 by 9 inch baking pan by lining it with parchment paper, leaving excess hanging over the sides for easy removal later.
- In a small pan over medium heat, melt butter and stir in sugar.
- Remove from heat and stir in eggs and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Stir the butter, sugar and eggs into the dry ingredients until just mixed. A few lumps are okay.
- Pour the brownie batter into the pan and set aside.
PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH
- In a medium bowl, whisk together vegetable oil and sugar. Then add the egg, vanilla extract, and peanut butter and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt and then add to the wet ingredients to form a dough.
- Drop tablespoon sized scoops of peanut butter cookie dough onto the brownie batter.
- Bake for 27-30 minutes, then cool completely before cutting into bars.