This week’s meal plan was tough because I just wasn’t craving much of anything…with the exception of dark chocolate. But I knew that I needed to have some food in the house (besides chocolate) while I binge watched TV on my sick day and powered through the rest of my work week.
I didn’t have a lot of energy, so I kept it simple. Monday, we had premade chicken burgers and Tuesday, I went to my crockpot. This is the kind of meal that you can throw in the crockpot and then sit around and watch trashy TV all day. My kind of meal…right?!
The BOY was very pleased with Tuesday night’s dinner and I’m sure it will make it’s way into our crockpot rotation!
I was back at work today, so we kept it even easier with turkey tacos. I’m off to bed early again tonight due to the rhino sitting on my face! G’night!
Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 organic red or green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 (14.5-oz) can BPA-free fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp dried basil (or use 2 Tbsp chopped fresh)
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place in a 5- to 7-quart slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Top with onion, bell peppers, tomatoes, garlic, red pepper, broth and basil. Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours.
NOTE: My chicken cooked quickly so it took way less time.