Besides sitting around and drinking espresso in my kitchen (thanks to my amazing new Nespresso machine and milk frother that I am totes obsessed with), I’ve also been baking. I know…it’s about time…right?! At least that’s what my coworkers said!
If these don’t get your mouth watering, I don’t know what will : )
Now on to the baking…when in need of recipes, there are countess options on my Pinterest board but one of my go to blogs for incredible desserts is Cookies&Cups.
Enter…Bombshell Oreo Brownies!
If you follow me on Instagram, then you saw I had a bit of a cocoa mishap. Well, honestly a HUGE, my kitchen is covered in chocolate, situation.
But I will tell you, it was totally worth it for these mouth watering brownies.
My coworkers were thrilled to see that I had leftovers and agreed that this new recipe is a keeper! After my brownies were baked, I went out for a quick bike ride before returning to the kitchen for another round of baking.
This one was a little more simple but just as tasty. Because we just started the new year, apples and honey are customary, so an apple recipe was a MUST.
This is a Pinterest favorite and something I knew that I needed to try!
The ease of using crescent rolls saves time with this recipe without sacrificing any taste! While the apple pie bites baked, Cooper found a hiding place in the kitchen where he could observe the action and seek out free tastes.
My pie bites were a bit bigger than they should have been (they were harder to wrap than I thought they would be), but with a little extra butter, they browned perfectly and were sweet and delicious!
Note: I recommend serving them warm with homemade ice cream, but cold for breakfast the next morning works too!
And by the way, Homemade ice cream is also perfect for your brownies!
Happy Almost Fall Ya’ll!!!
Bombshell Oreo Brownies
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1½ cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 25 Oreo cookies coarsely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/175°C
- Line 9×13 pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs. Mix on medium speed until combined, about 1 minute.
- Add in salt and the cocoa powder and mix on medium until combined, 30 seconds to a minute.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour until incorporated.
- Stir in the white chips.
- Spread half of the batter into pan. Top with the Oreos and spread the remaining batter on top.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until center is almost set.
Apple Pie Bites
From The Blond Cook
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice, and additional apple pie spice for sprinkling on top of crescent rolls
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced into 8 (1/2-inch) slices
- 1 (8-ounce) can Pillsbury Original crescent rolls
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and apple pie spice. Set aside.
- Melt butter and toss apple slices in butter, set aside.
- Arrange crescent roll triangles on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Evenly distribute brown sugar mixture onto each triangle.
- Sprinkle each triangle evenly with the chopped pecans.
- Place an apple slice on the wide end of each triangle. Wrap crescent roll dough around each apple.
- Brush each crescent roll with remaining butter. Sprinkle lightly with additional apple pie spice.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.