It was another crazy busy, non stop weekend! I barely had a minute to sit down and breath. On the plus side, we did get TONS of wedding stuff done! Wedding bands…check! Suits and ties…check! Décor…check! Gifts…check! Invitations…check! It looks like we are having a wedding…woo hoo!
This morning, I went to the gym and my trainer stood me up. This has never happens, but we had some confusion about rescheduling days since I am working next Monday before heading out of town for my bachelorette party. Instead of calling it, I warmed up on the jump rope and hit the weights REAL hard!
I returned home sweating from head to toe. I showered quickly and then the BOY and I did our weekly grocery store run. When we got home, I had just enough time to unpack the groceries and eat before my mom arrived. She played with Cooper while I finished lunch, and then we headed out for a wedding meeting. Afterwards, we did a bit of shopping. I picked up an adorable hat which will be perfect for the beach next weekend : )
I started tonight’s dinner before I left. It was supposed to take about 6 hours, but cooked quicker. This always happens in my crockpot! I asked the BOY to add the peppers and pineapple (from memory), and I totally forgot about the OJ.
Even without the starch to thicken it up, dinner turned out ABSOLUTELY amazing! Both the BOY and I devoured our dinners and raved about the recipe. This will definitely get added into our rotation. It was nice to have such a tasty and easy dinner after a chaotic weekend to enjoy while we binged on Orange is the New Black tonight. The BOY would tell you that he was happy that the tour was on break for the day…ha ha!
I’m off to bed as a new week is about to start!
Happy Monday Friends!
Meal Planning 7/13/15
Monday: Sweet and Sour Pork (recipe below)
Tuesday: Potato Bar Night
Wednesday: Pizza Night
Thursday: Grilled Chicken and Veggies
Clean Eating Sweet and Sour Pork
From Clean Eating Magazine (Slightly adapted from the original)
- 1 1/2 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1- to 1½-inch chunks
- 1 white onion, peeled and chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3 tbsp unsalted tomato paste
- 3 tbsp Sucanat
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp potato flour
- 1 each large green and red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup peeled and diced pineapple
- In a 5-qt slow cooker, add pork, onion, and garlic. In a large bowl, whisk together broth, soy sauce, vinegar, tomato paste, Sucanat, honey and ginger until well combined. Pour mixture over pork and gently stir. Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours.
- In the last 30 minutes of cooking, combine orange juice and potato flour in a small bowl and whisk until no lumps remain. TRUTH: I didn’t do this step : )Add to slow cooker along with peppers and pineapple, stirring gently to evenly distribute. Replace lid, increase heat to high and cook for remaining 30 minutes.