1. Yesterday was my last day teaching the after school enrichment program at the elementary school by work. They were a fun and energetic group of kindergarteners, and I will miss doing snowga and taking African safaris with them. On the other hand, I am happy to have a small yoga break until the end of March. Creating exciting new lesson plans and age appropriate playlists takes a lot of time and although it is well worth it, the break is necessary to focus on studying.
2. Last night instead of studying, I met one of my close friends and her two beautiful daughters at Portillo’s. They are in the process of moving from Michigan to Texas. After a crazy week of snow storms, water heater drama, and work, it was so fun to spend the night catching up with the girls.
3. I was quite distressed when I discovered that I missed free frozen yogurt day at Yogurtland this week. The only thing that got me through was knowing that I had a second chance. Tonight, Menchie’s was celebrating National Frozen Yogurt Day with free yogurt. I drove straight home from work to collect the BOY and drove us to Menchie’s. We devoured our yogurt…then figured out what to do about dinner.
4. I may or may not have done both cartwheels and headstands at work this week with my coworkers. This has taught me two things: (1) It is awesome having experts in body mechanics as your coworkers (who can give you form advise for barre and practice yoga headstands with you and then mobilize your hip/spine/etc to give you the necessary range to them better) and (2) My coworkers are really fun (although our patients might think we are nuts).
5. Tomorrow I am participating in the American Heart Association’s Go Red event at Macy’s in Woodfield. If you live in the area, swing by and do some yoga with me!
Do you like fro yo? What’s your favorite flavor?
I had a chai latte and cake batter swirl while the BOY enjoyed Cinnabon with frosting topping!