You would think after last year, I’d have snow days all figured out. And, actually we kind of do. The most important part is planning ahead of time so that when you are stuck at home, you have plenty of food (chili is a must) and activities to keep you busy…hence yesterday’s Target trip.
Here is how we kept ourselves busy during yesterday’s snow day…
1. Clean Off Your Car (and head out to a yoga class)
2. Make Chili (and serve it with Frito’s and beer)
3. Do Laundry
5. Bake Brownies
7. Stay in Your PJ’s ALL Day
8. Watch Movies (or Law&Order marathons)
9. Nap Again
10. Catch Up on Blogging (I did set January goals…right?!)
And an extra for good luck…
11. Take ridiculous selfies (plural) with your cat!
1. Study, Study Study!
GOAL MET…I think they know me at the library now.
2. Continue to exercise 5 days a week
Due to schedule changes, I’ve only been exercising 3-4xweek and that’s just how it will be until mid March.
3. Sign up and get prepped for a triathlon
ALMOST MET…I’ve got it narrowed down to two and a friend to train with me. I did sign up for the Soldier Field 10 miler. Woo Hoo!
4. Try new recipes/Revisit my cookbooks
Oh man! I’ve been a bit lazy on the cooking front, passing those duties off to the BOY. I’m thinking that this may be the norm until my test.
I’m sure these 28 days will fly by and beyond work and studying, I won’t have much time to focus on anything else, so I thought I would keep it SUPER simple!
1. Continue to prioritize studying
2. Drink less soda (an old/new habit that has crept back up with studying…however, it messes with my tummy and sleep so I need to be better about it)
3. Eat clean
How do you spend your snow days? What are snow day food musts?