1. I got a few new books this week that I have already started paging through. I am having so much fun teaching the kids yoga classes and am always eager to learn new ideas, strategies, and poses. Especially for the middle school kids where boosting self esteem and promoting independence is so important.
2. Yesterday was a super exciting day as the BOY got sworn into the Illinois State Bar Association! I took the day off work with my mom and his mom. We were beyond proud to support him as he took his oath.
3. Afterwards, we all went out for Ramen. The timing couldn’t have been better as I woke up with early signs of a cold and Miso is known for its health benefits. Because the bowl is HUGE, I was thrilled to indulge in leftovers again today.
4. Then…we swung by the Buddy Foundation (which was Cooper’s home before we adopted him last year). Each week, the BOY and I put spare change and money into a donation bucket and we decided that we wanted to donate this year’s money to this no kill animal shelter. It is such a positive place and Cooper has become a huge part of our family. The four of us played with kittens and despite their adorable smiles and sweet purrs, we managed to walk away without one. We were, of course, more than thrilled to come home to our favorite feline : )
5. Wednesday night’s dinner was easy, tasty, and healthy so it is definitely worth sharing. You can find the full recipe HERE, but I created an even simpler version. On a baking sheet, I placed the chicken, covered it with seasoning and cheese, baked it for 10 minutes. Then, I added the lettuce, drizzled it with olive oil, salt, and pepper, baked it for 5 minutes and then sprinkled everything with a bit of sea salt. Although it might have been a little better on the grill, it will be a close second when the grill gets closed up for the winter.
What was the highlight of your week? What’s on the agenda for this weekend?