1. I’m so glad that I bought new placemats last weekend. What else would Cooper nap on all day?
2. Super excited to volunteer at Beer Fest again tomorrow (and then hopefully sneak around and get some free samples)!
3. Yesterday, I had an early doctor’s appointment a few blocks from work. I wasn’t sure how ‘on time’ they’d run, so I made the appointment at 7:30am. I was in and out in a half hour, but didn’t want to go into work too early. Instead, I pulled into the forest preserve next door and went for a lovely morning stroll. The bad news is that it was almost 90 degrees and humid so I arrived at work looking a bit sweaty with vertical bangs. But, it was really fun to walk along, soaking in some fresh air before the hustle of the workday.
4. Confession: I’m having bike envy! Every day at work, I see bikers riding by and I begin to crave the feeling of my feet clipped into the pedals and the wind in my
hair helmet. It seems like FOREVER since I’ve been out riding, and I’m not sure when I will have an hour to dust off my bike and take it out for a shake out ride.
5. This morning, I got up early for a rare Friday morning at the gym. I only had 40 minutes but wanted to do a second strength workout before my busy weekend. I quickly warmed up on the treadmill and then hit the weight room. I decided to try Renee’s ‘Bringing Sexy Back’ Back Workout followed by some ab work. It was the perfect work day workout, challenging but fun! I don’t typically have my phone with me, but brought it along to remember the exercises (my brain is usually fussy that early). Motivated by all of you other bloggers, I attempted my first weight room selfie. The room was crowded and I was super embarrassed so I just ended up with a blurry picture of me making a weird face! I’ll keep practicing that one. But really…go check out Renee’s workout photos and sweet back muscles!
Happy Friday my friends!!!
What are you doing this weekend?