1. Thank you guys so much for your awesome comments on my This is the REAL Me…post. Did anyone do a Keeping It Real post of their own? Link it out in the comments! I probably should have started that post by thanking you guys for being such amazing friends and readers that I feel comfortable sharing myself, faults and all, with you each week.
2. The Polar Vortex tried to kill my car. True Story! On Wednesday, I tried to go to the bank during my lunch hour. I made it out of my parking lot and my car stopped at the light. When the light turned green, my car did not proceed into the intersection as planned completely pissing off the truck driver behind me who handled the situation by honking and yelling. Like don’t you think I would get moving if I could?! Every time I hit the gas, the car revved but wouldn’t move. I was able to move my car forward enough so the angry truck could get around (who do you think is having a worse day, man, me or you?). Thankfully, my car kicked in and I got through the intersection and back to my parking lot.
3. To assist me in my time of need, my wonderful mother came out Wednesday night to trade cars so that my car could go to the shop near my parents house and I could take hers to work and the bank. I had enough salmon and veggies to share (what we were able to keep away from Cooper anyways). We chatted, had a glass of wine, and played with baby C. I think my mom spoils him : )
4. The last Friday of the month, my new gym has a free guest day. The BOY and I decided to take full advantage of this by reserving a tennis court. We could only get an 8pm time, so after work we grabbed a sandwich (from our favorite local place), picked up some indoor tennis balls (and a new racket for the BOY) at Sports Authority, and then went to the gym.
We were able to get the ball machine, which was really fun! It allowed me to practice my swing and by the end, I think it looked a little better. I loved having an active Friday date night and it felt fantastic to pound away at tennis balls after a busy work week. Can you say stress relief?!
5. All of this is leading up to why despite my best attentions, I didn’t get any recipes posted this week. I have some good ones (spoiler alert…two new banana bread recipes), so will work on getting those out this weekend. There’s a rumor that a huge snow storm is coming our way, which will give me plenty of blogging time.
And to end with some GOOD NEWS…my car was easily (and inexpensively) able to be fixed. The Malibu lives on!