1. Yes it’s been raining again. No I don’t want to talk about it!
2. I was in a continuing ed class today (and will be again tomorrow), so I decided to take the train into the city. The only thing worse than driving in the snow is driving through Chicago traffic in the rain, so I was happy to be sitting quietly with my new book.
3. Due to some crazy city traffic, I missed my first train this afternoon. I ran up just as it was pulling away and got a nasty blister on my left heel. It wouldn’t be a big deal if I wasn’t running a half marathon on Sunday. Yikes! Luckily, I had my book to keep me company while I waited for the next train.
4. I picked up my packet for Sunday’s half marathon tonight. I am excited for my new yellow race shirt, but a little nervous for Sunday’s race. Between fatigue, my new blister, and a knot it my back, I’m not quite sure how it will go.
5. After a long week, I thought I’d end this post with an inspirational quote for race weekend…
“The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."
-John Bingham, running speaker and writer
How was your Friday?
What book are you reading right now?