My friend Meghan over at Clean Eats Fast Feets nominated me for the Liebster Award. And since I’ve been unplugged from the blogging world for a few days this week, I have had plenty of time to think about new and hopefully interesting things to share with you (and scan in some old photos).
A huge Thank You to Meghan who writes witty posts and leaves thoughtful comments each week that keep me motivated and smiling! Check out her blog for all the Liebster rules! And I should warn you…this is going to be a LONG post!
11 Facts about Me
1. My full name is Jennifer. There were 4 Jennifer’s in my kindergarten class so we needed nicknames. I became Jen (1 N) although I was Jenn (2 N’s) for about a week in third grade before I forgot. Now it’s mostly Jen (or Miss Jen by my little patients).
First Day of Kindergarten (and my 5th Birthday)
2. I don’t drink coffee. Neither does the BOY. We don’t even have a coffee maker or coffee in our house. This is only a big deal if you come to visit for a weekend. In which case, remind me to pick you up some Via’s!
3. I spent 9 summers at overnight camp learning to waterski, knee board, sail, horseback ride, and make toffee over a camp fire. I did 4 muti-day canoe trips, and I still love hiking and float trips.
4. I have never been able to get into American Idol or Dancing with the Stars. I do love Biggest Loser and have a history of watching Real World/Road Rules Challenge shows. If I had to do a reality TV show, I would go on the Amazing Race.
5. I still sleep with a teddy bear.
6. I was in a sorority in college. This year will be the 10 year anniversary of my college graduation (crazy!) and some of my closest friends, I met through my sorority. We even survived living together!
7. I love 80’s movies! Adventures in Babysitting, Goonies, Troop Beverly Hills, Shag, and Sixteen Candles are a few of my favorites!
8. If I wasn’t working full time, I’d practice yoga daily, become a personal trainer, and write a book.
9. I already have my Pen Name figured out for my first novel.
10. I played 4 years of soccer in high school. My senior year, I ran cross country and cheered for the basketball team.
11. I am super left brained. I think physics is phun and can’t draw a straight line with a ruler! My attempts at Spanish are pathetic, and I loved algebra. In college, I tutored high schoolers in math.
Questions from Megan’s Friends
1. What is your favorite brand and style of jeans?
I like a boot cut jean…pretty basic. But I wear a lot of skinny jeans under my boots in the winter.
2. What is your favorite ‘guilty’ secret pleasure TV show?
Wow…tough question. It used to me GREEK on ABC family. I loved it, got the BOY hooked, and now we own all the seasons on DVD. Yes that is super embarrassing. Now, I am totally digging Scandal but I’m not afraid to share that news with my friends. I have watched enough episodes of Big Rich Texas, Dallas Cowboy Cheerleads, and Toddlers and Tiaras to be ashamed : )
3. If you could have one thing for free, no matter how big or small, what would you pick?
I’d love a condo (decent sized) in the city with a healthy chef and personal masseuse.
4. Do you get dressed up even when you stay at home for the day?
Heck no! Rocking my new flannel jammie pants right now.
5. How many blogs do you read on a daily basis?
This number has definitely grown. I probably read about 15. There are so many amazing people out there sharing their lives that I love to check out their pictures, posts, comments, recipes, races, and travels.
6. What’s your favorite type of cuisine?
Is it okay to not really have one?! I really enjoy eating a variety and there isn’t one thing that I could eat forever.
7. Why did you start blogging?
Well, I was beginning to discover blogs when I was searching for healthy new recipes on the internet a few years back. I liked reading what others were doing and was looking for a creative outlet to practice my writing skills. See fact 11 above…anything creative is a challenge for little old left brained me. I also thought it was an easy way to share some of my recipes since people were often asking for them.
8. What do you think is worth spending good money on?
Taking care of myself! This would include gym memberships, the right running shoes, quality produce, a massage or facial when I can spring it, yoga classes, a personal trainer, and outings with the BOY when we just need to get away!
9. Is that your natural hair color?
I haven’t been asked this question in awhile. Yep, I am all natural and have been since I couldn’t afford highlights in grad school. Believe it or not, I used to be blonde!
10. Favorite day of the week and why?
Monday! I have Mondays off and they are usually what I call ‘Jen’s Day’. It is relaxing, I get myself pulled together for the week, and take advantage of some quiet time at home. Of note…the BOY doesn’t have class on Mondays this semester. It will be interesting to see how that goes : )
11. Pets? Do you have any and what are they?
11 New Questions
1. What is your astrological sign? Do you fit the description?
2. What is your favorite winter activity?
3. Flats or Heels?
4. Who was your first kiss?
5. If you could get rid of one form of social media, what would it be?
6. Last race you participated in? What race are you doing next?
7. What is your favorite gift to give others?
8. If you won the lottery, what would be your first purchase?
9. What is your favorite meal? Breakfast, lunch or Dinner and Why?
10. Do your friends, family and coworkers know that you are a blogger?
11. What do you like most about blogging and what is the hardest part?
*This is always the hardest part as so many of you make a difference in my day!
Now it’s your turn…
Tell me something about yourself or answer any of the questions above!
Want to know more???
My Being Me page has some more random facts and stories!