I must say that I feel terrible. Rebecca over at Blueberry Smiles nominated me for this blog award way back in July. At the time, I was getting ready for my vacation and since I got back, I have been selfishly blogging all about it. I was so honored to be nominated…especially because Rebecca’s blog is so lively and inspiring!
I was so excited to be nominated for a blogger award that I didn’t even think about what it meant. I just looked it up to learn the following:
The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. “Liebster” is German for “favorite”. This award is the “favorite blog award” then.
The rules for this one state that you answer the 11 questions asked of you by the Blogger who gave you this award. Then create 11 new questions and tag your favorite bloggers to answer them.
Sounds like fun right? So here are my questions from Rebecca…
1) If you had 2 weeks and unlimited funds……where would you vacation
This is easy and my close friends and family know the answer for sure. The BOY and I would go island hopping vising Fiji, Bora Bora, Tahiti and all the other unknown islands of that area staying in suites on stilts overlooking the ocean and spending time at the beach, in my infinity pool, and getting pampered with massages and champagne : )
My trip to Australia in 2006…as close to Bora Bora as I have ever gotten!
2) If _____ is on the menu at a restaurant, I always order it
Matzah Ball Soup…but my Dad’s recipe is truly the BEST!
3) I never leave home without____________
Bags…I have like 5 when I head out to work and always bring my reusable grocery bags with me to the store.
4) What’s a skill/hobby you want to learn?
Photography. I’m photo obsessed and would love to improve my skill!
5) What’s a food you’ll never eat?
6) What magazine do you read every single month?
Be warned, the list is long: Cooking Light, Clean Eating, Fitness, Shape, Us Weekly, Chicago Magazine, SELF, Vegetarian Times, Women’s Running, and Rachael Ray.
7) What’s something you’ve learned about yourself from blogging?
I have quite a lot to say…
Although I guess many of you already knew that. Really, I am learning the challenges of writing and the power of being a writer. A lot has happened over the past year and a half and my ability to sort through my thoughts, write them, confidence in sharing them, and support from the blogging community amaze me more and more each day.
8) Best blogging advice?
Always stay true to yourself and who your are!
9) Guilty pleasure?
Besides the long list of magazines??? It would have to be pedicures and massages (although I desperately need a facial too). Or I guess you could say day dreaming about Bora Bora.
10) What advice would you give to your 15 year old self?
See Number 8!
And…Wear sunscreen, stay away from processed food, enjoy every ounce of laughter with your friends, respect your parents, and have confidence that it will all work itself out in the end!
11) Are you introverted or extroverted?
Extroverted!!! Always have been and probably always will be!
Thank you for the fantastic questions…it was a fun way to end the week and prep for a 4 day weekend!
So here are my 11 questions for you?
1) What was the first CD that you ever bought?
2) If I could have any animal as a pet, it would be a ___________
3) I have seen every episode of ___________ TV show.
4) What are you most excited to cook or bake this fall?
5) Who in your family lives the farthest away from you and where do they live?
6) What is the last book that you read?
7) If you were snowed in by yourself for an entire day, how would you spend your time?
8) The piece of clothing that I can’t live without is __________.
9) What always seems to find its way into your cart at the grocery store?
10) When I was 10, I spent my summers ___________.
11) How did you feel about the 1st day of school?
Tag, You’re It!!!
Now it’s your turn…answer one of the questions!