Every couple of months, I have a few days like this where I get some serious munchies and my mind just can’t stop my hands from grabbing a handful of this or a mouthful of that. It’s like I have a hallow leg…except I don’t. I am 31 years old with a metabolism the speed of a turtle, so a few days of eating like this does not bode well for my weight, my skin, or my confidence. Does this happen to anyone else?
I know that there are many factors that impact hunger and satiety, including sleep and hormones. Some of which we can control and others that we cannot. I have had a healthy start to the new year, and I look forward to slimming down a bit before spring. So I am trying to use the following strategies to curb my snack attacks.
1. Drink extra water
2. Pick healthier options that take time to eat, like popcorn
3. Brush your teeth…this especially helps to decrease night time snacking
5. Go for a walk
6. Find other ways to keep busy (ie reading and blogging)
7. Get creative with veggies-fill your soups, smoothies, and burgers with seasonal produce
8. Eat more sweet fruit
9. Close the kitchen by turning off the lights
10. Focus on the big picture!!!
What strategies do you use to stop excess snacking?