What would you do?
My mom and I were chatting about this earlier in the week. I feel like every day I am asking for an extra hour, so when she asked me what I would do, a list came pouring out. It would be different each day, but I would…
- do an hour of yoga
- phone a friend
- enjoy a meal sitting down at a table
- cook a healthy meal
- watch a full TV show without interruptions
- enjoy a cup of tea while reading a good book
- take a walk with the BOY
So many ideas come to mind!!! Like many women, I always feel like there is not enough time in the day. I like to try to get 8 hours of sleep per night. There is always something that doesn’t get done, and I find myself wishing for just one extra hour.
Ironically, I ended up with some ‘found’ time today. With the big storms that rolled through Chicago, we didn’t have power (including computer servers and phones) at work today and therefore, I got to leave early. So…what did I do with my extra hours?
- I took a long overdue trip to Costco
- then brought dinner over to a friend and her new baby
- spent time hanging out with friend and of course the NEW baby!
- baked a cake for the boy (yellow from a box with chocolate chips)
- wrote some long overdue emails
- baked Angela’s Vegan Zucchini Raisin Loaf
- sent some June birthday cards
- thought about balancing my checkbook but decided against it
- prepared veggies from my CSA for dinner
- and now I get to sit, blog, and enjoy an hour long TV show
And there’s still a few hours to go before bed time!
Luckily, it was my scheduled day off from training, so a great day to catch up on things around the house and enjoy dinner sitting down at the table. I used the asparagus and Hakurei Turnips from my CSA box, added lemon juice, some seasoning, and roasted them on the grill. The BOY took care of the meat and we enjoyed dinner in the dining room with some of my brother’s homemade brew. And of course, the amazing zucchini bread for dessert!
What would you do with an extra hour each day?
Don’t be shy…you know you’ve thought about it!